Sunday, September 9, 2012

This Weekend's Pickings!!

This was a good weekend for doing a little picking! Friday we hit a couple of Estate Sales, Saturday was kind of a bust, in part due to the rain and tornado watch in Connecticut. This morning was great!!

These are very old cabinet doors. The fronts are inlaid with gorgeous paper. The man I bought these from said his house was built in 1739, but his wife didn't like the cabinets in the kitchen so he remodeled for her. These are the old ones... I am so glad he saved them instead of throwing them away. I'm now sure how old they are, but from the looks of the wood and the very old hinges I think they are pretty old. 


I found the cradle, lamp, and bench at another estate sale today. The cradle is very old. It is put together with wooden pegs. It is so cute. I love it. The lamp is little cherubs all around. I haven't checked to see if it still works yet.


These are very tiny little frames. I'm not sure how old they are. 


I love this old mirror. 


 ...and this one


Here is a close up of the base of the lamp.


This little round mirror appears to be pretty old too. It has pretty carved roses all around the frame.


I love this table. I can't wait to give it a new shabby look. 


This is probably the best thing we found all weekend. It is an old chandelier made all from wood. It has a little metal tag at the top that says Made in Italy. 


I think i will keep these 2 boxes of treasure for myself. I was so in need of some new flower pots. This is the jackpot. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously, what a haul!

Those cabinet doors are amazing, as well as that fantastic mirror with the wooden inlay. Is the design within the mirror strictly for design, or was it meant for knick knack dispay? Either way, super cool :)

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

It looks like it is for knick knack display!

koralee said...

Oh my such amazing finds!Love that little table..shabby chic would be perfect! Thanks for sharing. xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow...I really like the frames and the table! I am having a shabby apple giveaway if you would like to join!
Daisy~

Anne said...

Wow what great finds Rebecca. You certainly did hit the jackpot!