Saturday, August 1, 2009

Birthday Buttons

Yay!! I am officially 37 today!! For my birthday I got to do all my favorite stuff. First we went to the farmer's market. There weren't many farmers there. It was mostly other vendors.

I really wanted to go find tag sales since I finally had a weekend with no work. We drove around North Guilford and into Durham and found a flea market at a little church.



I got all these vintage buttons. I haven't counted them yet. There was a very nice couple selling two jars full of them. Hubbie is the one who saw them. I was just telling him earlier this morning that I wanted to look for some vintage buttons. The lady selling them kept saying, "you should get them, younever know when you might need a button." I love the jars too. There was another woman selling old canning jars like this for $3 each, which was way too much. A few of the buttons are made out of mother of pearl. There are some little black ones with little rhinestones on them. I hope this photo will enlarge so you can see the detail of some clear red ones with the claw holding them. I have never seen any buttons like that before. Did I mention I love the jars?? Oh, old fashioned canning jars are so nice. What will I put in them? Something pink I think!!

Then we went out around my neighborhood taking some cool photos. This is the end of the lake we live on. I love it down here. I was disappointed because usually there is a family of swans here, but they weren't here today. I love the pretty water lilies though. You can't see in this photo, but there are gorgeous white lilies on top of some of the lily pads. I will be putting up more photos on my other blog. After we got home I took a some photos in my garden.



I took this photo of the Rose of Sharon yesterday right after it finished raining. This is not one of my favorite plants, but the flowers themselves are stunning.

Bright sunflowers... always cheerful and happy.

This hemerocalis pic is my favorite. I like how the sun is shining through on it.

These Black Eyed Susan are just starting to bloom. The flowers are so tiny and cute. We rent our house right now, so the garden here isn't my choice of plants. I would have had much more pink in my garden!! Mostly everything in this garden is yellow. I miss my old garden. It had lots of roses, and was more of a cottage garden. Daisies, lilies, and lots of hydrangeas. There was Eden rose, Autumn Sunset, Ballerina, The Fairy, and Climbing Iceberg. I am still happy with my garden here. I still think all of the flowers are so beautiful and I love going out to take photos of them all.


The Echinacea are one of the only pink flowersI have now. And this lovely butterfly was twittering around to all the Purple Coneflowers.I took this lily's picture right after the thunderstorm yesterday. I think flowers look so pretty with the little water droplets on the petals.




I went shopping for some pretty crafting supplies the other day. I also went thrifting and got some great bargains. I have been working on them for the past few days... hopefully I will have some very cute surprises to show you next week, and I hope to be able to open an ETSY shop soon.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. Vacation was too nice, I got used to being home and I am not looking forward to getting up at 4 am to go back to work.

See ya soon!!

No comments: